Senior Manager of Corporate Engagement
NYSCI seeks a front-line fundraiser to join our team. The Senior Manager of Corporate Engagement is focused on introducing and securing new corporate relationships in addition to maintaining and creating strategy to grow existing relationships to grow unrestricted revenue that is critical to supporting our mission. The ideal candidate has experience taking a strategic and integrated approach to nurturing deep relationships with funders as partners, and works collaboratively with fellow team members to achieve this goal. This fundraising role has a strong component of networking and personal touch points for holistic donor stewardship.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone to build and grow a corporate membership and sponsorship program for NYC’s premier science museum. The Senior Manager reports to the Director of Philanthropy. The salary range is $80-85,000. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop annual fundraising strategies to meet ambitious fundraising goals for exhibition, event and program sponsorships.
- Cultivate, steward, and expand a portfolio of corporate member partnerships (five-figure gifts).
- Identify, solicit and secure corporate sponsors for exhibitions, community outreach activities, and special events (five- and six-figure gifts).
- Collaborate with corporate donors and design and manage an innovative sponsorship benefits package and marketing materials that reflect current trends and best practices in the field.
- Create pitches, write proposals and lead meetings for new and existing corporate partners and corporate sponsors.
- Attend networking events to meet potential corporate prospects and develop strong relationships with key decision makers within corporations.
- Proactively respond to inquiries and requests regarding sponsorship opportunities.
- Facilitate corporate donor and prospect site visits.
- Act as a lead staff member on annual check-ins with corporate partners.
- Oversee sponsor acknowledgment on all websites, exhibits and marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with Manager of Events and Engagement and across NYSCI departments to design and implement a corporate volunteering program and create special events opportunities geared toward corporate membership partners.
- Help create strategy with Manager of Stewardship and Communications for effective communication touchpoints directed towards individual company needs.
- Negotiate corporate partnerships or sponsorships to ensure mutually beneficial value and alignment with NYSCI’s mission.
What You Offer NYSCI
You are a motivated go-getter who is not afraid to reach out cold to new prospects but also may have existing corporate contacts to begin softer introductions to NYSCI. Our team values your creative thinking and direct fundraising experience because you are someone who can speak passionately about our mission while also understanding the motivations of corporations to help us achieve growth in unrestricted corporate revenue. You will also possess:
- Five+ years of fundraising, sales, and/or account management experience.
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with significant donors/customers on behalf of an institution/company.
- Experience creating and activating corporate sponsorships.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with high attention to detail.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and successfully managing concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of the different funding buckets that may exist at a company including corporate social responsibility, corporate foundations, discretionary executive giving and marketing dollars.
- A desire to constantly improve processes and methods, and a willingness to be flexible when opportunities arise.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the workday schedule.
- Collaborative, team-based approach to strategy and project management.
*Broad computer skills; knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Raisers Edge NXT a plus.*
What NYSCI Offers You
- A compensation package with the range of $80-85,000 annual salary based on experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance in addition to a retirement savings plan.
- A hybrid work environment – 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH.
- Professional development growth opportunities.
- A collaborative, professional and supportive environment within the Institutional Advancement team.
- Colleagues who are passionate about the different ways we provide engaging science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) learning experiences and the communities we serve
- The chance to see first-hand the work you are supporting by walking the floor of the museum and being inspired by the exploration and wonder of science experienced by our young visitors and their families!
How to Apply
Join our team! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include job title in subject line.
The New York Hall of Science is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service, marital status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We support a drug-free workplace.
If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.