The New York Hall of Science’s Visitor Experience team is a critical and integral part of NYSCI’s overall operations. NYSCI depends upon the talents and skills of this team to successfully accomplish its mission. Under the direction of the Reservations Coordinator and the Visitor Experience Manager, the Reservations Associate provides customer support for all business received through NYSCI’s call center web presence. With an eye for detail, the Reservations Associate will assist with curating schedules and experiences for field trip bookings. They are also responsible for responding to member, birthday party and general inquiries through website generated leads and by phone.
The Reservation Associate will support the museum’s attendance and revenue targets by connecting visitors to the programs & services that will best serve their specific, while maintaining an awareness of NYSCI’s offerings.
The Reservation Associate is responsible for fielding incoming booking inquiries & pursuing marketing-generated leads for birthday parties, group field trips, general admission, membership, and other public-facing programs.
• Receive calls as a centralized call-center and generate reservations for customers seeking field trips, birthday parties, sleepovers, general admission, membership, and more, demonstrating extraordinary customer service at all times.
• Perform out-bound sales calls, pursuing leads generated through web-inquiry forms and sources.
• Respond to leads generated through web-inquiry forms by email.
• Maintain an active awareness of NYSCI’s portfolio of offerings, occasionally investigating museum content and meeting with department staff to understand how content aligns with the needs and wants of visitors.
• Perform administrative tasks related to the business units for which reservations are made, including payment processing, email coordination, data management, and other tasks as required.
Collaborate and work closely with the Reservations Coordinator to:
• Meet quantitative and qualitative quarterly reservations goals
• Maintain and update detailed records of conversations using Hubspot, Excel and Outbound in a comprehensible way.
• Collect visitor feedback data to improve NYSCI’s offerings
• Update tools and resources to maintain consistent messaging
Work hours: Friday, Saturday & Sundays are required as needed. Schedule may change based on need for coverage
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
• 2 years customer experience or combination of relevant experience and education• Creative writing ability to assist with responding to inquiries
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Must be able to professionally communicate through oral, written and technological methods to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to make good decisions, demonstrate problem solving skills, the ability to positively resolve customer issues, and the ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service must be demonstrable through written and oral interviews.
• Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work weekends, holidays, evenings and special hours.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite, POS, Hubspot and Outbound or other CRM and SLA software is a strong plus.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
$18 / hour, with a schedule that ranges 25-28 hours per week
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.No phone calls.
The New York Hall of Science is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service, marital status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
We support a drug-free workplace.If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
NYSCI is New York City's science center, a place where everyone is invited to explore how science and engineering shape our world, and how we can use scientific tools and ideas to answer questions and solve problems. Visitors pose questions, design solutions, explore phenomena, and work together to make amazing things happen.
Located in Queens, one of the most diverse counties in the U.S., NYSCI welcomes 400,000 visitors annually, including families, students on field trips, and camp and after school groups. NYSCI also works with thousands of teachers each year to make classroom science more relevant, exciting and meaningful to students, and conducts innovative research about how science learning happens through everyday experience.
Our exhibitions, programs, and products are informed by strategies of engagement called Design, Make, Play. The defining characteristics of Design, Make, Play — open-ended exploration, imaginative learning, personal relevance, deep engagement and delight — are the ingredients that inspire passionate STEM learners.