Department: Human Resources
Human Resource Manager
At the New York Hall of Science the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is responsible for helping employees feel safe, valued and properly supported.
OHR performs a wide variety of duties such as onboarding new team members, maintaining employment records, administering benefit program, developing and implementing performance review program, proper management of compensation, time-off and insurance, and employee relations program.
Additionally, OHR provides structure to the museum by developing and implementing policies and procedures that protect its team members and meet NYSCI’s mission and objectives.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the HR Manager is in charge of the daily operations of all aspects of HR ADP Workforce Now transactions related to employee lifecycle including but not limited to employee onboarding, separation, benefit administration, time and leave assignment and tracking.
This role is also responsible for creating and sharing accurate organizational reports from which business decisions can be derived; they provide efficient and clear collaborative communication amongst work units, and develop initiatives for continuous business process improvement between human resources and finance units.
- Primary liaison with ADP Workforce Now account representative.
- Perform and manage all activities related to employee life cycle management, including but limited processing to new hire, benefit enrollment, salary administration, time and leave administration, union assignments, employee termination, retirement and pension management, garnishments, etc.
- Ensure proper set-up of leave policies in payroll system and accuracy of time off and leaves of absence payments.
- Assign new employees and current employee changes to proper organizational supervisory structure and schedules.
- Maintain proper pay groups, earning codes and deduction codes.
- Ensure that employee personnel files are complete and in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Ensure that Employee HR portal is kept current. All forms, handbooks, statutory links are operational.
- Process all employee changes timely and accurately. Liaison promptly with finance team and coordinates with the Controller as requested.
- Manage data transfer from ADP to performance management system. Ensure that data in performance management system is accurate and up to date.
- Develop necessary ad hoc reports as requested.
- Together with CHRO complete annual EEOC reports and OSHA reports.
- Assist with any HR training.
- Assist Finance department, employees, managers and supervisors with report and diagnosing problems related to timekeeping, payroll and ADP.
- Serve on staff Diversity/Museum culture committee.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities are currently for processes not for people at this time.
- BA in Human Resources, business, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of HR support
- Minimum of 2 years of recent hand- on experience with ADP Workforce Now. Advanced user of ADP Workforce Now platform
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgement effectively
- Highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- Previous experience in not-for-profit organization, city, state entity or local school system
- At least one year experience with ADP payroll function
- Proficiency in Excel
Commensurate with education, skills and experience; salary range is $62-$70K annually.
NYSCI strives to be an inclusive and equitable place to work. We work to foster diverse voices and perspectives, empower staff as problem solvers, and support professional growth for all.
The New York Hall of Science also offers generous benefits and perks for all regular full-time employees.
These currently include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care and commuter benefits
- Pension plan and 401k plan
- Free life insurance coverage
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 13 paid holidays off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include job title in subject line.
No phone calls.
The New York Hall of Science is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service, marital status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We support a drug-free workplace.
NYSCI is New York City's science center, a place where everyone is invited to explore how science and engineering shape our world, and how we can use scientific tools and ideas to answer questions and solve problems. Visitors pose questions, design solutions, explore phenomena, and work together to make amazing things happen.
Located in Queens, one of the most diverse counties in the U.S., NYSCI welcomes 400,000 visitors annually, including families, students on field trips, and camp and after school groups. NYSCI also works with thousands of teachers each year to make classroom science more relevant, exciting and meaningful to students, and conducts innovative research about how science learning happens through everyday experience.
Our exhibitions, programs, and products are informed by strategies of engagement called Design, Make, Play. The defining characteristics of Design, Make, Play — open-ended exploration, imaginative learning, personal relevance, deep engagement and delight — are the ingredients that inspire passionate STEM learners.