Increase student critical thinking in this one-day workshop for educators who teach grades 7 – 12. The workshop will be held at NYSCI on Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 9 am – 3 pm. Each participant will receive a $135 stipend. Apply now!
What You Will Learn:
- How to use IBM’s new THINK app to engage your classroom in student-centered STEM lessons that empower learners to act as innovators and tackle real-world challenges. The THINK app explores how progress is shaped through a common and systematic approach that follows a five-step process of seeing, mapping, understanding, believing and acting (SMUBA).
- Hands-on lessons that explore the process of innovation that you can then take back to your classroom.
- Hands-on, multidisciplinary activities related to systems thinking using food systems as an example.
- Making the most of Teachers TryScience, a free, online STEM resource and community for educators.
Benefits of Participating:
- A $135 stipend to support your use of the THINK app and lessons.
- Training on the new THINK resource, including a set of 4 lessons to use in your classroom.
- Strategies for engaging students in cross-disciplinary critical thinking.
- Participate in Teachers TryScience.
- Learn design-based teaching methods.
Participants are expected to share what they’ve learned with their students and fellow teachers. Participants are also asked to share their experiences with other teachers around the world, using the Teachers TryScience online community.
To apply, fill out our online application.