STEM Institutes are offered as full-day, half-day, or multiple day programs that can be customized to meet your requirements. During a STEM Institute, teachers work alongside each other and NYSCI educators to learn more about science content and teaching pedagogy. Participants interact with exhibits, engage in hands-on, easy to replicate science activities, develop teaching strategies, and model the pedagogical skills that help communicate science concepts to students.
STEM Institute topics include but not limited to:
- Science and Inquiry in the Classroom
- STEM and the Common Core
- Science Investigations (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, etc)
- Science For Early Learners
- Using Museum Resources During a Field Trip
All STEM Institutes include:
- Complimentary NYSCI Educator Membership (which includes free admission, free parking and Science Technology Library borrowing privileges).
- Correlations to NYS, NYC, and Common Core standards
- Interactive inquiry-based activities
- Pedagogical techniques, tools and resources
- Breakfast and lunch for onsite programs