Formative Fish Tests
The first focus test on January 31st asked visitors at the museum:
- Which 5 animal designs do you like the best?
- If you were fishing, which 5 animals would you be most upset to catch?
- Which animals shown exist in real life? Pick all that apply.
On the table in front of the visitors were the following pictures of 56 animals:
A total number of 24 children were surveyed (18 females, 6 males) with an average age of 11. From the data collected, several animals were excluded from the next focus test.
For the second focus test on February 6th, it was decided to survey the children in a different, more hands-on way. Poker chips of different colors were used to answer preference questions about the fish.
The second focus test asked the visitors at the museum to:
- Put a white poker chip on the animals you would like to see in an aquarium.
- Put a red chip on the animals that if you were to catch one of the fish, which ones you would like to show off to your friends/family.
On the table in front of the visitors were the following pictures of 40 animals with spaces for the poker chips next to every animal:
A total number of 49 children were surveyed. The results are as follows:
|Fish||White Chip (Which would you like to see in an aquarium?)||Red Chip (Which would you like to show off?)|