An Event for Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Saturday, December 14, 1 – 4 pm
Join us for a Winter celebration featuring hands-on science experiments and sensory-rich art projects specially designed for young children, ages 3 – 8, with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their parents and siblings.
- Design and create a tiny winter wonderland inside your own snow globe.
- Make wrapping paper by painting with recycled materials.
- Enjoy Science story time.
- Play with Kinetic sand and tinker with LEDs.
- Build a fort with giant blocks.
- Explore a selection of NYSCI’s hands-on exhibits with a sensory sensitive map to guide you.
Winter Wonderland will provide the opportunity to enjoy family time at the museum in a welcoming, safe and understanding environment, allow parents to network with one another, and help families discover the wonder of science learning together. Our trained educators are nurturing, caring, patient and interested in working with kids with differences.
Healthy, diet restriction-conscious snacks will be provided.
Sometimes creativity can get messy, so please dress your little scientist (and yourself) in old clothing that can be splattered.
Tickets are $15 per family, $12 for NYSCI members, including general admission and parking.
For more information call (718) 699-0005 ext. 341 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is made possible through generous support from the Jesse and Joan Kupferberg Foundation.