Doors open at 6 pm; $15 ($10 NYSCI members)Programmed by Todd Chandler and Jeff StarkShort films program with live soundtracksEmpire Drive-In is an installation bigger than any single film. Since our first handmade screen in 2010, we’ve focused on creating programs that expand the idea of what can happen in a movie theater. Silents and Noise features handmade films accompanied by live music, live narration, and live foley, creating a shared experience for audience members, performers, and filmmakers. The program includes:
- New short films by Jem Cohen, with live score by Guy Picciotto and Jim White.
- To Many Men Strange Fates Are Given by animator and artist Brent Green, with live score and narration by Brent Green, Brendan Canty, and Todd Chandler.
- Flat Land Speed by Jonathan Kaiser, with live score by Resine.
- Eggby director Benh Zeitlin, with live score by Joe Keady.
- The Rink, starring Charlie Chaplin, with live score by the Hairy Eyeball String Ticklers.
Plus Fitzcardboardaldo and Corrugation of Dreams by Robin Frohardt, and Cannonball by Drea Cooper and Zackary Canepari. This is part of the Empire Drive-In series.