Calling all middle school teachers: NYSCI wants you for our Comic Book Activity Design Team!
As part of the Comic Book Activity Design Team, you’ll work with NYSCI staff and other educators to design activities and classroom resources that will help support the integration of a new interactive comic book, Transmissions: Astonishing Tales of Human-Animal Diseases, in schools across the country.
Transmissions: Astonishing Tales of Human-Animal Diseases tells the story of a group of young people who work to investigate a mysterious disease by collecting and analyzing evidence. The ebook aims to demystify how humans can get diseases that also infect birds and other animals, and helps build science inquiry skills.
- Attend all onsite meetings and complete two hours of online work between each session.
- March 8: 4 – 6 pm (at NYSCI)
- April 4: 4 – 6 pm (at NYSCI)
- May 10: 4 – 6 pm (at NYSCI)
- June 8: 4 – 6 pm (at NYSCI)
- Help design curricular resources to support the use of the Transmissions ebook in middle school classrooms.
- Co-facilitate a one-day summer camp at NYSCI (date TBD).
- $500 stipend
- Acknowledgement in the final curricular materials.
- Early access to the Transmissions ebook.
- Professional development experiences related to content and pedagogical aspects of the Transmissions ebook.
How to Apply
There is no cost to participate in the Comic Book Activity Team, but capacity is limited. Please complete the application form by February 24. Acceptance notifications will be sent out by February 27.
Questions? Please contact Michaela Labriole.